Sand and Carbon Filters
Water treatment systems keep water clean and healthy and are vital for many industries. Filtration is an important element of all water treatment systems whether they are for industrial effluent, wastewater, drinking water, processed water, or bottled spring water. While there are many types of filters, the equipment many industries use includes sand and carbon filters. Typically, these remove suspended solids and pathogens that aren’t destroyed during other processes.
Industrial sand filters commonly use single-size media (sand) that is variable and can be changed to suit various applications. They are used to remove suspended solids from the water. There are, though, also multimedia sand filters that are very effective when finer-sized solids have to be removed.
Industrial carbon filters use granulated activated carbon (GAC) to remove chemicals from water. They are also effective for removing unpleasant odors and tastes, including chlorine, from water.
Industrial Sand and Carbon Filters from SMB Machinery
SMB Machinery stocks a range of used industrial sand and carbon filters in a variety of sizes, most of which are made of mild steel or stainless steel. Some machinery can accommodate carbon or sand filters. They have varying flow rates of between 50 and 250 gallons per minute (GPM) to meet a wide variety of needs. All stocks are manufactured by highly respected brands.
Examples of used sand and carbon filters offered by SMB include:
- 250 GPM Springs Fabrication mild steel sand filters that are manufactured with stainless steel facepiping.
- 250 GPM Osmonics stainless steel carbon towers and 150 GPM mild steel sand filters with stainless steel facepiping, some featuring nanofiltration.
- 240 GPM Stainless Fabrication, Inc. stainless steel carbon towers.
- 200 GPM Western stainless steel (shell material) carbon towers.
- 50 GPM Kisco painted steel carbon or sand filters.
- 50 GPM JV Northwest stainless steel carbon towers.
If you can’t find the used industrial sand and carbon filters you are looking for, contact SMB and we will search for you. Alternatively, keep checking in with us as our inventory changes all the time.